[Libs-Or] OSLIS Access Issues

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Mon Mar 28 12:09:53 PDT 2011

Please pardon any cross posting.

Today I noticed some potential access issues with OSLIS.  On occasion the graphics do not load correctly, but the content is still accessible.  Or, you might get a 502 proxy error message.  We are working with a company that specializes in Plone-based websites to try and fix this.

If you encounter any problems, recall that you have temporary access to the Gale databases and Citation Maker via "back doors."

For Citation Maker, please use the links below.  Remember that even though Citation Maker is up to date on the old site, the information literacy resources and links to the subscriptions databases are not current.
MLA Elementary: http://old.oslis.org/MLACitations/elementary/index.php
MLA Secondary: http://old.oslis.org/MLACitations/secondary/index.php
APA: http://old.oslis.org/APACitations/

For access to the Gale databases, please direct school users to the support page Gale created for Oregon libraries when they became our vendor.
www.galesupport.com/oregon<http://www.galesupport.com/oregon>
            Click on the OSLIS logo found in the lower left corner.
If your school's or district's IP addresses are on file with Gale, you should get instant access to the menu of database choices.
Otherwise, you will get the usual login screen that prompts you for your user name and password.

Thanks,
Jen

Jennifer Maurer
School Library Consultant