[Libs-Or] SPACE STILL AVAILABLE: Workforce Development Training "Project Compass"

MaryKay Dahlgreen marykay.dahlgreen at state.or.us
Tue Sep 20 13:28:06 PDT 2011

Dear colleagues: There is still space available for this three session (each session builds upon the last) on-line workshop. It  is nearly the same as the one day in-person training we had in Tigard and Pendleton earlier this year. We had scheduled in-person sessions for three other locations but due to low registration we cancelled those. My guess is that sending a staff member to an all day training was difficult for most of your libraries so we have arranged to present the training in three sessions o- line beginning at the end of September. Our in-person trainings were most ably accomplished by Kathy Smith and Charles Dunham from the Tigard Library. For the on-line sessions we have invited Linda Bruno, an experienced online and Project Compass trainer, to be our trainer. Please  think about members of your staff (or yourself) who might benefit from this training.

Library staff are often first responders to our community members' needs for job-seeking assistance, ranging from unemployment services to filling out online applications to starting a small business. Yet during these tough times, increased demand often outstrips our ability to deliver effective resources and services. Join us for three online Project Compass sessions, where you will gain real-world success stories and build a foundation of skills to help you create and build programs and services for workforce recovery. Together we will discuss best practices for programs and services for job seekers and local business development, building partnerships with your local workforce agency, and providing financial literacy and technology training.

The three sessions will be held on Thursdays: September 29th, October 13th and October 20th. Each session will be 1.5 hours, from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm. You must register to attend these online sessions, information on connecting to the webinars will be sent out to registrants the week before the first session. Participants will also receive a workbook in the mail prior to the first session.

To register please go to: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Y79LQ8Y

If you have questions please contact MaryKay Dahlgreen  marykay.dahlgreen at state.or.us<mailto:marykay.dahlgreen at state.or.us>

MaryKay Dahlgreen
Library Development Program Manager