[Libs-Or] Open House Events Feature MLIS and Teacher Librarian Programs

Nicole Purviance nicole.purviance at sjsu.edu
Wed Sep 28 11:12:27 PDT 2011

Prospective Students Experience Online Programs at Open Houses

The San Jose State University School of Library and Information Science is
hosting live open house events for prospective students. If you know someone
who is considering earning a Master of Library and Information Science
(MLIS) degree, or is interested in pursuing a career in Teacher
Librarianship, please extend our invitation.

The open house events <http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/slis/openhouse/>  are a
convenient way to learn more about our School, our graduate degree programs,
and the variety of courses we offer to prepare students for a multitude of
career pathways. The events are held online via web conferencing, giving
participants a taste of our sophisticated online learning environment.

We know how busy schedules can get this time of year, so we are offering
three open houses for prospective students interested in learning more about
our ALA-accredited MLIS program <http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/slis/mlis.htm> .
Open houses will be held on October 11, November 1, and December 6, 2011.
Faculty and students will host the open houses, and time for questions will
be available.

For those interested in pursuing a career in Teacher Librarianship, a
special open house highlighting the Teacher Librarian
<http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/classes/careerpathways/teacherlibrarian.htm>
career pathway will be held on Tuesday, October 18.

If you know someone who is interested in earning their doctoral degree in
Library and Information Science, please spread the word that our School is
also hosting an online open house event for the San Jose Gateway PhD program
on Tuesday, November 8. Program Coordinator Dr. Sandra Hirsh and faculty
from Queensland University of Technology will host this free event.

Our School's open house events are scheduled from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. Pacific
Time. Space is limited, and advance registration is required.

 <http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/slis/openhouse/> Click here to RSVP.

As a reminder, applications for admission in Fall 2012 will be accepted
beginning October 1, 2011.

For more information about our upcoming open houses, or to view recorded
sessions, visit: http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/slis/openhouse/

For more information about our MLIS program, visit:
http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/slis/mlis.htm

For more information about our Teacher Librarian program, visit:
http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/classes/careerpathways/teacherlibrarian.htm

For more information about our San Jose Gateway PhD program, visit:
http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/gatewayphd/index.htm

The San Jose State University School of Library and Information Science
offers a fully-online Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)
degree, fully-online Master of Archives and Records Administration (MARA)
degree, and the San Jose Gateway PhD program. Learn more at:
http://slisweb.sjsu.edu

Please share this announcement with colleagues and friends.