[Libs-Or] Coming Soon! A Basic Music Library: Essential Scores and Sound Recordings

Arlene Weible arlene.weible at state.or.us
Wed Dec 19 15:07:51 PST 2012

Please note: Since this expensive reference title may be out of reach for some library budgets, we wanted to alert the library community that it will be added to the State Library's LIS collection when published. We will send out another message when the title is available, so please do not request it at this time.

[A Basic Music Library: Essential Scores and Sound Recordings]

A Basic Music Library: Essential Scores and Sound Recordings, Fourth Edition

Compiled by the Music Library Association. Chicago: ALA Editions, 2013.

ISBN: 978-0-8389-1039-9 (Published Spring 2013)

Need help expanding your music collection? The 4th edition of this classic reference source is prepared by expert members of the Music Library Association<http://www.musiclibraryassoc.org/>. It provides lists of records in the following musical areas:

  *   Classical music (organized by genre, composer, and title)
  *   Popular music (organized by genre and artist)
  *   World music (organized by geographic area, genre, and artist)
This edition also includes CDs, DVDs, and songbooks combined with printed music. Printed scores cover performance of all music genres by all instruments, voices, and ensembles and include anthologies, study scores, performing renditions, vocal scores, and instrumental methods of studies.

Be sure to check out our Library and Information Science (LIS) blog<http://osl-lis.blogspot.com/> to discover the most recent additions to our LIS collection and search our catalog<http://oregon.gov/OSL/index.shtml> for our complete holdings. The library science collection is meant to support the whole Oregon library community. Library Development welcomes your suggestions for acquisitions - see the blog for an input form or email us!

Arlene Weible
Electronic Services Consultant
Oregon Federal Regional Depository Coordinator
Library Development Services
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St NE
Salem OR, 97301