[Libs-Or] Choose Privacy Week May 1-7, 2012
katie.anderson at state.or.us
Tue Mar 27 15:06:41 PDT 2012
Hi! ALA launched Choose Privacy Week in 2010 to "educate and raise awareness of how to protect information in a digital age<http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/article/CA6727560.html>." This year Choose Privacy Week will take place May 1-7th. Free resources<http://www.privacyrevolution.org/index.php/resources/for_libraries/> for planning activities, programs, and events are available online. Promotional materials are available to purchase from the ALA Store<http://www.alastore.ala.org/SearchResult.aspx?KeyWords=cpw>. Schools and libraries planning Choose Privacy Week activities are encouraged to submit their activities to oif at ala.org<mailto:oif at ala.org> or call 800-545-2433 ext. 4223 to be listed on the Privacy Revolution website<http://www.privacyrevolution.org/index.php/privacy_week/choose_privacy_week_events>.
Office for Intellectual Freedom
American Library Association
(800) 545-2433 x4221
oif at ala.org<mailto:oif at ala.org>
Katie Anderson, Library Development Services
* Youth Services Consultant * Oregon Center for the Book Coordinator *
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR 97301
katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>, 503-378-2528
If the hyperlinks don't work, try copying and pasting these URLs into your browser or doing an internet search using the words "Choose Privacy Week".
* Link to SLJ article on the first Choose Privacy Week: http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/article/CA6727560.html
* Free planning resources: http://www.privacyrevolution.org/index.php/resources/for_libraries/
* Purchase promotional materials via the ALA Store: http://www.alastore.ala.org/SearchResult.aspx?KeyWords=cpw
* Events page on Privacy Revolution, the office website for Choose Privacy Week: http://www.privacyrevolution.org/index.php/privacy_week/choose_privacy_week_events
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or