[Libs-Or] Seaside Public Library celebrates 100 years!

Esther Moberg emoberg at cityofseaside.us
Thu Apr 18 08:03:04 PDT 2013

The Seaside Public Library invites you to a Celebration of 100 years party on Saturday, April 20th at 2:00pm in the Library's Community room.
Started by the Civic Community Group in 1913, the Seaside Library had its humble start in a room off the first public restrooms in Seaside, Oregon. Run by the City since 1918, the library has flourished thanks to the support of the local community. In 1935 it officially became a public library. In 2007 the community pulled together to fundraise for a new library building that was completed in 2008. Thanks to this ongoing support and the legacy of past library directors, the Seaside Public Library is a well-loved treasure in the town and many locals and visitors attend the monthly author events, art shows, craft events, trivia nights, film events, children's programs, teen programs, and much more. We invite you to celebrate with us as we take a look back through the years of milestones in the life of the Seaside Public Library. For more information, please contact Esther Moberg or Jon Burke at 503-738-6742.

Esther Moberg
Director, Seaside Public Library
Seaside, Oregon
emoberg at cityofseaside.us