[Libs-Or] Upcoming Events on Northwest Central

Gina Bacon gina.bacon at pcc.edu
Sun Mar 2 18:35:48 PST 2014

*[image: Inline image 1]Northwest Central invites you to check out some of
the upcoming *
*continuing education webinars and events happening this March!*
www.nwcentral.org

*FREE! 03/03/14 Re-Thinking Library: The urge for good design is the same
as the urge to go on living
<http://nwcentral.org/rethinking-library-urge-good-design-same-urge-go-living>*

Join Teacher Librarians to learn more about redesigning library spaces.

*FREE! 03/04/14 Streamline Content for Your Users & You: Content strategy
for sustainable site maintenance
<http://nwcentral.org/streamline-content-your-users-you-content-strategy-sustainable-site-maintenance>*

Did your library's website growing quickly, perhaps without a clear
direction or consideration for responsive design? Do statistics show that
many pages on your site get low use? Sno-Isle Libraries is tackling these
issues. They will share how they structured their project, the outcomes,
and how they were able to get support for these unglamorous yet important
web projects. Leave this session knowing the benefits of doing a website
content analysis, usability studies, and the steps you can take to put your
own project into action.

*FREE! 03/05/14 Migrating To A New ILS
<http://nwcentral.org/migrating-new-ils>*
Your library's out-of-date ILS is running on an old server that needs to be
retired. You need to upgrade the ILS, but you don't know where to start.
Let me show you how to plan and execute this migration successfully based
on how my library did it and the assistance I have provided to numerous
other small libraries during their ILS migrations. I will cover the
Selection, Preparation, Migration and Follow-up that has proven to be
successful for my library and many others when migrating to a new ILS.

*FREE! **03/06/14 New Common Core Connections
<http://nwcentral.org/new-common-core-connections>*

If you're searching for new resources for the Common Core--or just want a
look at new fiction and informational books for youth--tune in for this
spring preview of titles for children and teens that will help teachers and
librarians implement the standards across subjects and grade levels.
Moderated by Booklist's Books for Youth Editorial Director, Gillian
Engberg, this free, hour-long presentation is sponsored by DK Publishing,
HarperCollins Children's Books, Holiday House, and Listening Library.

*FREE! 03/11/14 Teen Tech Week: Measuring Program Outcomes and Impact
<http://nwcentral.org/teen-tech-week-measuring-program-outcomes-and-impact>*

Join YALSA for information on Maker Activities for Teen Tech Week. Teen
Tech Week is when libraries make the time to showcase all of the great
nonprint resources and services that are available to teens and their
families.  This year celebrate with the "DIY @ your library" theme during
YALSA's Teen Tech Week March 9-15, 2014.