[Libs-Or] Women of Library History - Jean Fleming Arnot

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 21:48:25 PST 2014

It's Women's History Month and so we are starting a new series of entries
to Women of Library History. We look forward to getting more submissions
from you. And we start with:
http://womenoflibraryhistory.tumblr.com/post/78242281308/jean-arnot

Jean Fleming Arnot (1903-1995) was one of a select group of Australian
librarians remembered and honoured as much for their service to society as
for their professional endeavours. Unable to attend university because of
her family circumstances, Jean applied for a position at the Public (now
State) Library of New South Wales in Sydney and started work as a junior
library assistant in March 1921

--
*Diedre Conkling*

*Lincoln County Library DistrictP.O. Box 2027Newport, OR 97365Phone & Fax:
541-265-3066Work email**:
**diedre at lincolncolibrarydist.org*<diedre at lincolncolibrarydist.org>
*Home email: **diedre08 at gmail.com* <diedre08 at gmail.com>

 "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude."--Maya Angelou