[Libs-Or] Fwd: [alacro-l] June is GLBT Book Month

Suzanne Sager bvss at pdx.edu
Tue Jun 2 06:42:32 PDT 2015

FYI,

Suzanne L. Sager

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michael Dowling <mdowling at ala.org>
Date: Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 8:34 AM
Subject: [alacro-l] June is GLBT Book Month
To: "ALACro-l at lists.ala.org" <ALACro-l at lists.ala.org>

 *June is GLBT Book Month*

June is here and we are inviting librarians, booksellers, community
advocates and ally organization to get involved.  Visit our new
website established
specifically for GLBT Book Month: http://www.ala.org/GLBTBookMonth.  This
site will contain suggestions for ways to celebrate GLBT Book Month in your
community, links to awards list of GLBT materials, listings of GLBT-themed
events at ALA conferences, as well as highlight what we are doing. The site
is new, so check back often for new information and resources as they are
added.

To begin with a bang, ALA Graphics has both posters and bookmarks for sale
featuring artwork from *“This Day in June” *written by Gayle E. Pitman,
illustrated by Kristyna Litten, and published by Magination Press, an
imprint of the American Psychological Association. Pitman’s book about gay
pride is the 2015 winner of the Stonewall Book Award, Mike Morgan and Larry
Romans Children’s and Young Adult Literature Award.

We wish to thank Publishing Triangle for beginning GLBT Book Month in the
early 1990’s. As we take the torch from them, we hope to continue to spread
the influence of this initiative for years to come!

Spreading the word about this event is one of our top priorities at the
moment. Please share this information with your friends, and colleagues, so
that everyone knows that June is GLBT Book Month. We see this as an
opportunity to highlight the phenomenal work that is being done in GLBT
literature.

If you have any questions put them on the GLBT Book Month page
and/or contact ALA’s Public Information Office.

Ann K. Symons

Chair, American Library Association Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender
Round Table

http://www.ala.org/glbtrt/

--
Suzanne L. Sager