[Libs-Or] Invitation to serve.

Jane Corry janec at multcolib.org
Wed Jun 17 09:21:04 PDT 2015

Hello OLA members,

As incoming OLA president, I have the priviledge  of choosing a
member-at-large to serve on the board. I would like to appoint someone who
will be an active participant and preferably increase the diversity of the
board in some way: ethnically, type of library, age, your job status,
geographic, etc.

I have found being on the board very interesting and rewarding, both
professionally and personally.

You would serve for one year, beginning at the retreat at Silver Falls on
August 3-4. The board meets throughout the state in, then October,
December, February, April at the conference in Bend, and June and next
summer's yet to be scheduled retreat. (usually the last Monday-Tuesday in
July). Attendance can be real or virtual, but I wold like a majority to be
in person.

If you are interested or know an OLA member who you think would be great,
email me and let me know why you think you/they would be a good board
member.

--
Jane Corry
Youth Librarian-Belmont Neighborhood Library

"You would think that if there is anything in the world that we can all
agree on is an unequivocal good, a moral absolute, an end in itself, it is
the happiness and health of children."  -Alison Gopnick