[Libs-Or] Fwd: [alacro-l] All CCPL branches closed Thursday to Honor St. Andrews Regional Library Manager Cynthia Hurd

Suzanne Sager bvss at pdx.edu
Thu Jun 18 10:43:36 PDT 2015

FYI,

Suzanne L. Sager

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Don Wood <dwood at ala.org>
Date: Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 10:03 AM
Subject: [alacro-l] All CCPL branches closed Thursday to Honor St. Andrews
Regional Library Manager Cynthia Hurd
To: "alacro-l at lists.ala.org" <alacro-l at lists.ala.org>

 All CCPL branches closed Thursday

Charleston County Public Library is devastated by the senseless shootings
Wednesday night at Mother Emmanuel AME Church in downtown Charleston that
took the lives of nine members of our community, including one of our own -
St. Andrews Regional Library Manager Cynthia Hurd. Cynthia was a tireless
servant of the community who spent her life helping residents, making sure
they had every opportunity for an education and personal growth.

[image: http://www.pressomatic.com/ccpl/upload/Cynthia%20Hurd_small.jpg]To
honor our co-worker and all those lost, Charleston County Public Library's
16 locations are closed today, Thursday, June 18, 2015.

Cynthia worked with Charleston County Public Library 31 years, serving as
branch manager of the John L. Dart Branch from 1990-2011 before becoming
manager of the St. Andrews Regional Library.

Her loss is incomprehensible, and we ask for prayers for her family, her
co-workers, her church and this entire community as we come together to
face this tragic loss.

Don Wood
Program Officer
Chapter Relations Office
<http://www.ala.org/ala/aboutala/offices/cro/index.cfm>
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611
dwood at ala.org
1-800-545-2433, ext. 2429; 312-280-2429
312-280-4392 (fax)
Become a Fan of ALA Chapters <https://www.facebook.com/ALAChapters>

Follow CRO on Twitter <http://twitter.com/ALA_CRO>

Take Action for America’s Libraries <http://cqrcengage.com/ala/home>

“Example is not the main thing in influencing others. It is the only
thing.”—Albert Schweitzer

--
Suzanne L. Sager
Oregon ALA Representative