[Libs-Or] StarWalk Kids Media at ALA

Scott Bloom scott.bloom at starwalkkids.com
Fri Jun 19 06:24:18 PDT 2015

Hello,

As you may know the Multnomah County Library, Beaverton School District, and Eugene School District (and their patrons/students) have been using StarWalk Kids Media this year. (We are also a great resource for your summer reading programs).

We will be at ALA at booth #3425, and I would love to meet any of you who will be in San Francisco for ALA. if you are not familiar with us, I would be more than happy to show you what StarWalk can do for you!

Please stop by booth #3424 and say hi. (And do feel free to say GO DUCKS to me).

StarWalk was started by renowned children's author Seymour Simon and former Sesame Street executive Liz Nealon.

This great list of 520+ eBooks is:

•                Written and illustrated by award-winning authors and illustrators

•                Available with both fiction and nonfiction titles (50% informational texts, 50% fiction)

•                Available for unlimited, simultaneous use by multiple children

•                Packed with titles that include professional narration, word highlighting, and other helpful features

•                Aligned to work with various national and state standards

•                Accompanied by "Teaching Links" provide curriculum support for each book

•                Device neutral (it does not matter what type of electronic device your patrons use)

Our collection is delivered by streaming access to anywhere the user has Internet connectivity, and is ideal for access by patrons in the library, at school, or from home. An entire reading group, class, or school can read the same eBook at the same time with no turn-aways or waiting lists. Our proprietary StarWalk Reader™ is device-neutral, and works on virtually any computer, tablet, or interactive whiteboard with Internet access and support for color and sound.

I hope to see many of you there,

Thank you,

Scott

Scott Bloom
scott.bloom at starwalkkids.com
cell: 760-989-0314
office: 760-323-7937

Coming this Fall, StarWalk Kids Media will add 42 of 209 forthcoming Spanish language editions. With English versions of the Spanish titles available our main collection, these eBooks will be a valuable literacy tool. Our new Spanish collection will be the first of our foreign language collections and will be available with special pricing (if ordered before 8-15-15) to either include with a new StarWalk Kids order or add to a pre-existing subscription. By the end of the year, StarWalk Kids will have also added another 244 English titles, bringing the StarWalk collection close to almost 1000 titles!