[Libs-Or] Guide to historical City records related to African Americans

Hansen, Mary Mary.Hansen at portlandoregon.gov
Fri Nov 6 08:31:41 PST 2015

Our new guide to historical City records related to African Americans<http://efiles.portlandoregon.gov/Record/8122250> is now available online!

The guide compiles PARC resources related to the African American community in order to help make your research just a little bit easier. You can find the guide using our online catalog, Efiles<http://efiles.portlandoregon.gov/Record/>; along with the photos<http://efiles.portlandoregon.gov/Record/8122241> and documents<http://efiles.portlandoregon.gov/Record/8160197> used to create the publication.  So if you saw a photo or a document in the guide and would like take a closer look, you can now find it in Efiles.

We have also worked with other archives and special collections<http://efiles.portlandoregon.gov/Record/8122242> in Oregon that house relevant historical materials that you might find interesting. There's the Urban League Portland Chapter records at Oregon State University<http://efiles.portlandoregon.gov/Record/8160231> and almost sixty oral histories available at the Oregon Historical Society<http://efiles.portlandoregon.gov/Record/8160227>.  You can find these guides available on Efiles, too.

Our goal for creating the guide, uploading the photos and documents and working with our colleagues is to help make your research even more successful.  We will continue to upload materials to these online files, so make sure you check back.

Go to our online record: African American History Guide and supporting materials<http://efiles.portlandoregon.gov/record/8122239>

Please feel free to share widely!

Mary Hansen
Assistant Archivist
City of Portland Archive & Records Center
503.865.4103
http://www.portlandoregon.gov/auditor/archives
twitter: @PDXArchives