[Libs-Or] State Surveillance of Oregon's #blacklivesmatter movement

Turner Masland masland at pdx.edu
Tue Nov 10 17:06:15 PST 2015

>From the ACLU of Oregon:
http://www.aclu-or.org/content/black-lives-matter-supporters-oregon-targeted-state-surveillance

With privacy being such a core value of our profession, I felt compelled to
share this. Curious if there could be a discussion of OLA joining the list
of organization who have signed the letter to the Attorney General about
this issue? Letter can be found here:
http://aclu-or.org/content/letter-attorney-general-ellen-rosenblum-regarding-surveillance-blacklivesmatter

In showing our support, as a state professional organization, we would be
joining the ranks of the ACLU, NAACP Portland Branch, NAACP
Eugene/Springfield Branch, AFL-CIO, Asian Pacific American Network of
Oregon, and the Urban League of Portland. Not only would be reaffirming our
values of privacy, we would be recognizing the importance of coalition
building to social justice and community development.

Best,

Turner

--
Turner Masland