[Libs-Or] Embedded #Whiteness: A Legacy of Brutality

Max Macias max.macias at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 09:00:16 PDT 2016

Hi,

I wanted to share my latest blog post with you.

> Embedded #Whiteness: A Legacy of Brutality
> [This is the last installment of a three part series on Whiteness.]
>   Whiteness is a concept that describes the cultural, lingual,
> institutional beliefs, practices and behavior that maintains access to
> power and reinforces power for White people and people of lighter skin
> tones.
> This colonial system was created for and by Europeans for the benefit of
> Europeans. Everything was in relation to the European--this is a hallmark
> of the concept of Whiteness--that everything is judged in relation to
> Whiteness and not something else.

You can read the rest here:
http://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/2016/04/embedded-whiteness-legacy-of-brutality.html

Respectfully,

Max Macias

--

The ideas expressed in these emails in no way represent any organization's
viewpoints, or opinions.  The opinions, ideas and reflections are my own

http://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/

Twitter feed:
<http://twitter.com/REFORMAnet>
http://twitter.com/maxmacias