[Libs-Or] There is still time to nominate OLA Honors and Awards
leah.griffith at newbergoregon.gov
Tue Feb 23 10:58:04 PST 2016
Yes, there is still time to nominate your colleagues for OLA Honors & Awards!
But you need to get going. It doesn't take much, here's the steps.
1. Think for a moment about your colleagues, co-workers and library supporters.
2. Who jumps to mind as someone who deserves to be recognized.
3. Take a couple of minutes to write me an e-mail saying why your person should be recognized by OLA. Really, there are great people you work with every day who deserve to be recognized for their efforts.
4. If you want, but not necessary, ask others to join you in your nomination. But this isn't a matter of who gets the most votes, just your e-mail can result in your person being an award winner!.
Really, it is that simple. You could do it in 10 minutes!!!!
Here's more details...
Nominations may come from all types of libraries and from all kinds of librarians, staff and supporters.
Nominations are open for the following awards:
Oregon Librarian of the Year
Library Employee of the Year
OLA Distinguished Service Award
Library Supporter of the Year
Nomination letters (with no more than six letters of support) are due Friday, March 18, 2016
These awards will be presented to recipients at the 2016 OLA Conference Luncheon Banquet in Bend on Friday, April 22, 2016
Here's the details on each award:
1. Oregon Librarian of the Year may be awarded to any Oregon librarian who has been working in an Oregon Library for at least two years in a paid professional position. The nominee must demonstrate excellence in library service in his or her community and to Oregon libraries. The nominee must be a member of OLA.
2. Oregon Library Employee of the Year may be awarded to any Oregon library staff member who has worked in an Oregon library for at least two years as a paid staff member and demonstrated excellence in library service in his or her community.
3. Oregon Library Association Distinguished Service Award may be awarded to any Oregon librarian or library staff member, who has been in the profession for 15 or more years, has worked in Oregon libraries for at least ten years, and is currently a member of OLA, for exceptional service over a period of years.
4. Oregon Library Supporter of the Year may be awarded to any volunteer, volunteer group, library Friend, board member, government official, or other individual who is not a paid library staff member and who has demonstrated excellence in supporting and promoting Oregon libraries.
If you need more info, read the awards guidelines and let me know if you have questions. Take a look at http://www.olaweb.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=58280&orgId=ola
Your letter (e-mail) of nomination should include the following information, if pertinent, and be as informational as possible:
* Name, contact information, current position for nominee
* Award for which you are nominating the person or group
* Description of why your nominee should be selected for an OLA Award
* OLA activities: committee appointments, etc. if pertinent, not required.
* Past positions held and summary of major accomplishments (for Distinguished Service Award)
* Your name and how you can be reached if the committee has questions
Please send nominating e-mails by Friday, March 18, 2016, to:
Leah Griffith, HAS Chair
e-mail: leah.griffith at newbergoregon.gov<mailto:leah.griffith at newbergoregon.gov>
We prefer e-mail, but you can also send via mail to me at:
Newberg Public Library
503 E. Hancock
Newberg, OR 97132
E-mail or call me at 503-537-1256 if you have any questions. We will be looking forward to your nominations.
Leah M. Griffith
Director, Newberg Public Library 503-537-1256
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or