[Libs-Or] Call for panelists: ED&I Training at OLA

Tracey Letmate traceyl at multco.us
Thu Jan 2 16:16:00 PST 2020

Hello LIBS-OR subscribers,

The Staff Training Roundtable will have a panel discussion at OLA Annual to
share how different libraries are approaching EDI training with their staff
and we are looking for 2 additional libraries to participate.  We are
asking panellists to share some basic info about how they are providing EDI
training for their library staff. The hope is to have a nice variety of
simple things to more complex ideas that participants can walk away with!

Below is the title and description for the session. Date/time: TBD.

For more information *please send an email to Tracey Letmate
(traceyl at multco.us <traceyl at multco.us>).* Please also forward this along to
others who may be interested.

*Title: Building Staff ED&I CompetenceProgram Description*: Do you struggle
with ideas for how to provide equity, diversity and inclusion (ED&I)
training for your staff? Join the Staff Training Round Table during this
session to learn about different strategies for providing ED&I training for
staff. Panelists will represent both public and academic libraries.
Discussions will include how staff work internally with each other, as well
as externally with our patrons and community. Time will be given for Q&A,
so bring your questions and challenges and learn from others.

By the end of the session, attendees will:
- Learn about different approaches for EDI training
- Hear about the challenges faced with implementation
- Take away ideas for how to provide training at your library

Best,
Tracey Letmate
OLA Staff Training Roundtable 2019-2020 Chair

*Tracey Letmate *
Manager, Learning and Organizational Development
Multnomah County Library
919 NE 19th Ave. Ste. 250, Portland, OR 97232
My Schedule: Monday through Friday
503.988.9324 multcolib.org
*Pronouns: she/her*

*Learning + Organization Development: Consultation. Training. Assistance.
<https://commons.multcolib.org/learning-organizational-development>*