[Libs-Or] Saying No: Harassment Intervention at the Library Webinar

Max Macias max.macias at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 08:58:09 PST 2021

[FYI]Saying No: Harassment Intervention at the Library Webinar

   - For Immediate Release

Mon, 11/29/2021
Contact:

Beatrice Calvin

Manager, Professional Development

Office for Human Resource Development and Recruitment & ALA-APA

312.280.4280

bcalvin at ala.org

A free webinar entitled ‘Saying No: Harassment Intervention at the Library’
will be held on Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 12:00 pm (Central). Co-hosted by
the American Library Association’s (ALA's) Committee on the Status of Women
in Librarianship <https://www.ala.org/aboutala/committees/ala/ala-coswl>
 (COSWL), the Association of College and Research Libraries Women Studies
Section <https://acrl.ala.org/wgss/> (ACRL - WGSS), and the Social
Responsibilities Round Table Feminist Task Force
<https://www.ala.org/rt/srrt/feminist-task-force> (SRRT - FTF), the webinar
will incorporate a robust discussion on the critical topic of harassment.
<https://ala-events.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_e6ocxcNfTIax0NGVOKAu5g> now.

Have you or anyone you know experienced harassment in the library such as
microaggression, verbal or physical harassment, discriminatory or religious
harassment, and/or other types of harassment from either library patrons or
library staff? If so, then join us for this session where a panel of
experts will provide strategies for combating harassment, including ways to
prevent, recover, and offer support for colleagues experiencing harassment.
Our featured speakers will share their experiences and insights on how to
deal with harassment and how to become a better ally in combating these
various types of harassment in the library.

If you have questions you would like to submit to panelists in advance,
send them to COSWL at ala.org.

<https://ala-events.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_e6ocxcNfTIax0NGVOKAu5g> now
to join our panel as they discuss this important topic.

Note: Harassment based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age,
disability, and genetic information are all protected under the U.S. Equal
Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). If you are currently experiencing
harassment, there are steps you can take now. You may want to consider
seeking legal counsel.

Review these resources:

ALA resource page on harassment
<https://www.ala.org/educationcareers/harassment-resources>

EEOC: What to do if you believe you have been harassed at work
<https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/guidance/what-you-should-know-what-do-if-you-believe-you-have-been-harassed-work>

--
-
Max Macias [image: A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in

Social media is mind control.

The ideas expressed in these emails in no way represent any organization's
viewpoints, or opinions.  The opinions, ideas and reflections are my own
personal intellectual property.

Publishing

Lowrider Librarian <http://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/>
Librarians With Spines  <https://www.librarianswithspines.com/>