[Libs-Or] some levity for the new year

Matthew Baiocchi mbaiocchi at lincolncity.org
Tue Dec 27 22:36:59 PST 2022

My favorite has always been the reviews for "How to Avoid Huge Ships" by John W. Trimmer (https://www.amazon.com/Avoid-Huge-Ships-John-Trimmer/product-reviews/0870334336)

Some reviews include:

- I picked up this book because, like many of you, I have been plagued by huge ships for  almost my entire life.

- Seriously?!  How to avoid huge ships?! How stupid do they think people are? I  consider myself a cautious person and believe it’s always good to plan  for the worst, but to need this type of advice is asinine. They’re easy  to spot, slow moving, and needless to say, a rare occurrence. Good luck  to anyone who would... what the heck is that?? OH MY GOD! Aaaahhhhh!!! .  .

- *Verified Purchase* I'm very much scared of ships. I live over a hundred miles inland and at 6,000 feet elevation but one can never be too careful!

- I  don't want to be negative but none of the reviews I have read have  addressed the fact that there are two editions.  You want to make sure  you buy the latest edition so that you have the most up-to-date  information.  Do you want to get run over by a huge ship just because  you neglected to buy the latest edition?  No, I didn't think so.

Matthew Baiocchi
REFERENCE LIBRARIAN
__

City of Lincoln City  |  Driftwood Public Library
801 SW Hwy 101  |  PO Box 50  |  Lincoln City, OR
P: 541.996.1261  |  E: mbaiocchi at lincolncity.org<mailto:mbaiocchi at lincolncity.org>
W: Driftwoodlib.org | W: LincolnCity.org

ook