[Libs-Or] Seeking Judges for Literary Competition

Barbara b.froman at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 16:09:31 PST 2022

Hello,The WILLA Literary Competition is seeking judges.  For the past twenty-three years, the WILLA Literary Awards have honored the best in literature featuring women’s or girls’ stories set in the North American West.  We invite librarians across the U.S. to participate as judges for this international competition.
Currently, we have 3 remaining judge positions available---RomanceChildren's Fiction/NonfictionPoetry
TIMELINE: All entries are pre-screened according to the genre’s rubrics. As a judge, you will receive and read the top entries (typically three to five) shortly after April 15.
Using the rubrics and “report cards” provided by WWW, you rank the books, returning the summary form by July 31, or before if you finish early.  That's it. After the winners and finalists are announced, you may keep the books, and at that time include on your resume that you were a judge for an international literary competition.
Please check out our website to learn more about the competition, guidelines, rubrics, and see the winning titles through the past years.https://www.womenwritingthewest.org/awards/the-willa-literary-award/

If one of the categories (Romance, Poetry, or Children's Fiction/Nonfiction) is one of your passions, we gladly invite you to consider participating as a judge. Please email me:b.froman at yahoo.com
Thank youBarb FromanPast President, Women Writing the West, WILLA Chair 2022

barbarakayfroman.comThe Lutheran Ladies Circle-Books
The Two Pan Series-BooksHope and Hometown-Books
Blog-Before Morning Breaks