[Libs-Or] Desperately seeking Estey shelving single-sided bases (13 qty 12" and 4 qty 10")

Amy Hutchinson amyh at lakecountylibrary.org
Fri Jan 28 15:12:55 PST 2022

Hi, Oregon librarians,

We are looking for the following Estey shelving bases, ideally in Artic White, but we are not looking gift horses in the mouth today:

  *   13 single-sided bases in 12"depth - including the two side pieces, the levelling hardware if we can get it, and the flat base
  *   4 single-sided bases in 10" depth - including the two side pieces, the levelling hardware if we can get it, and the flat base

One of our branch libraries was recently given an eviction notice unexpectedly and must vacate our current premises by 02/28/2022. We have been really fortunate to have found a new location quickly. A lot of shelving in the current location was purpose built for that location probably some time in the 1980s. We have a stockpile of Estey shelving on hand that we can use to outfit the new space, EXCEPT most of our stockpile consists of double-sided bases. We need mostly single-sided bases for the new library. Estey's shipping time is 10-12 weeks out. Our move is 4 weeks out. You see the problem.

So, does anyone out there have bases that we could buy or borrow? If so, we would be happy to purchase some from you surplus, or borrow some from you for a couple or three months, or trade some double-sided bases for some single-sided, or whatever. Our shelving is Arctic White, but at this moment we would take hot pink if we could get it by the end of February.

Thanks,
Amy

Amy C. Hutchinson, Library Director (she/her/hers)
Lake County Library District
26 South G St
Lakeview, OR 97630
541-947-6019