[Libs-Or] Anti-filicide toolkit for the Disability Day of Mourning

Bryce Kozla brycekozla.wccls at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 09:39:41 PST 2022

Content: filicide, murder

March 1st of every year is observed as the Disability Day of Mourning to
remember disabled victims of filicide–disabled people murdered by their
family members or caregivers. The memorial site can be found here
<https://disability-memorial.org/>.

I wanted to be sure to share this Anti-filicide toolkit
<https://autisticadvocacy.org/projects/community/mourning/anti-filicide/>created
by the Autistic Self Advocacy Network. As trusted members of our
communities, library staff and other information professionals can help as
a support for the disability community and caregivers. I've written about
some small ways we can be inclusive and disrupt isolation in the past:
Responding the Caregivers Looking for Information on Disability
<https://brycekozlablog.blogspot.com/2018/10/responding-to-caregivers-looking-for.html>
I Have the Mind of an Infant: Mental Age Theory in Libraries
<https://brycekozlablog.blogspot.com/2018/06/i-have-mind-of-infant-mental-age-theory.html>
Accomodations and the ADA: Writing Policy to Exception
<http://brycekozlablog.blogspot.com/2017/09/accommodations-and-ada-writing-policy.html>
How Can I Tell if This is a Harmful Representation of Disability?
<https://brycekozlablog.blogspot.com/2021/04/how-can-i-tell-if-this-is-harmful.html>

Thank you for reading and considering!
Bryce