[Libs-Or] Job Posting: Library Operations Manager Bend Oregon

Lynne Mildenstein lynnem at dpls.lib.or.us
Thu Mar 3 15:10:17 PST 2022

Don't miss an opportunity to help shape and grow library services at Deschutes Public Library<https://www.deschuteslibrary.org/>.  Be an influential part of a dynamic leadership team that transforms and helps define customer service and its delivery as we begin construction<https://www.deschuteslibrary.org/about/bond> of two new buildings and improvements to five existing libraries.

The Library Operations Manager<https://www.deschuteslibrary.org/about/employment/> directly oversees Library branch supervisors, circulation policies, and operating procedures to ensure a safe and welcoming experience at all Deschutes Public Library locations.   We encourage applicants with a wide range of previous library experience in areas such as Access Services, Circulation, or Public Services; direct customer service experience; or experience as a building manager or supervisor with excellent working knowledge of day-to-day library/customer service operations, philosophies, and functions.  Preference will be given to candidates with supervisory experience in a public library setting and a Masters of Library Science or equivalent.

Deschutes Public Library serves Deschutes County, a vibrant, fast-growing region located in the heart of Central Oregon<https://visitcentraloregon.com/>.  Thanks to the support of our 200,000 residents, a $195 million bond measure was passed in November 2020 entrusting the Library to complete these large-scale capital projects.  For more information about the Deschutes Public Library and to apply please visit our website.

Lynne Mildenstein
(she, her, hers)
Assistant Director
Deschutes Public Library