[Libs-Or] Dean of Library and Learning Innovation Opportunity at Tacoma Community College

Jennifer Snoek-Brown jsnoekbrown at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 14:32:32 PST 2022

Greetings all,

Please see below for an exciting opportunity at Tacoma Community College in
Tacoma, WA.

To view the complete job announcement and apply, please visit:
https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/tacomacc/jobs/3451010/dean-of-library-and-learning-innovation

Priority consideration date: April 4, 2022

I am serving as chair of this search committee, so please let me know if
you have any questions.

*Jennifer Snoek-Brown* (she/her/hers)
Faculty OER Librarian
Tacoma Community College Library
jsnoek-brown at tacomacc.edu

------------------------------

*Dean of Library and Learning Innovation*

Located in the scenic Puget Sound area with Mount Rainier in the distance,
Tacoma is the third largest city in Washington State with a thriving and
diverse community of over 200,000 residents. Tacoma Community College (TCC)
was built on the ancestral territory of Coast Salish peoples, specifically
the Puyallup. The 1854 Medicine Creek Treaty forcibly removed them to the
Puyallup Reservation to make way for settlers; we recognize the privilege
of utilizing this land has come at great cost. We honor the resilience of
the Puyallup people, who still live here, defend their rights, and
contribute greatly to the well-being of this community. As emphasized in
TCC’s land acknowledgment, our institution aims to increase partnerships
and community ties with the local Indigenous populations. As stated in
TCC’s Eight Point Plan, we stand in solidarity with Black Lives Matter and
the Black community by further strengthening collaboration with the Black
Student Union as well as community entities such as the Tacoma-Pierce
County Black Collective, the Tacoma Urban League, and local Black-owned
businesses. The Library & Learning Innovation division is committed to
increasing accessibility to innovative learning resources to a diverse
study body and championing efforts to better serve historically
marginalized and underrepresented communities.

*Position Summary:*

Tacoma Community College seeks a dynamic, visionary, collaborative, and
service-oriented professional, with the ability to inspire others and think
strategically, to serve in the new role of Dean of Library & Learning
Innovation. Reporting to and with the support of the Provost and Vice
President for Academic Affairs, the Dean provides strategic oversight and
leadership in developing, implementing, and assessing Library and Learning
Innovation initiatives. The Dean will join the TCC Library & Learning
Innovation faculty and staff at an exciting and transformative time,
leading our newly merged departments in our combined efforts to integrate
contemporary and innovative library services and eLearning support for a
new, flexible era of online learning.   With two physical sites, a strong
digital presence, and opportunities for collaboration, growth, and
multi-modal delivery, the Dean will take a lead role in the integration of
library services and collections, information literacy instruction, Open
Educational Resources (OER), teaching and learning technology and
innovation, online learner support, instructional design, media services,
and the college archives. The Dean will also lead College efforts to
advance the continuous improvement and equitable implementation of Learning
Innovation initiatives.

The Dean has primary responsibility for the operation of the Library and
Learning Innovation areas, including hiring, supervising, and evaluating
staff; implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and assessment of services;
establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with
administrators, faculty, students, external vendors, and constituents; and
maintaining fiscal and programmatic accountability. This is a full-time
administrative position..

*Campus Video*

https://www.tacomacc.edu/costs-admission/visitcampus

*Regional Setting*

For information on Tacoma and the surrounding area:
https://www.tacomacc.edu/tcc-life/life_in_tacoma

To view complete job announcements and apply please visit:

[image: cid:image002.png at 01D78DF5.036084C0]
<https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/tacomacc/jobs/3451010/dean-of-library-and-learning-innovation>

Tacoma Community College provides equal opportunity in education and
employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national
origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation,
marital status, creed, religion, or status as a veteran of war. Prohibited
sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of
various types). Provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students,
employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The
following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding
non-discrimination policies: Stephen Smith, Title VII and Title IX,
253-566-5055; the Section 504 Officer in Student Affairs.  Tacoma Community
College is a smoke-free/drug free environment.  This recruitment
announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed
and or modified without notice.

*Tacoma Community College 6501 S 19th St Bldg. 14, Tacoma WA  98466 *

www.tacomacc.edu/about/employment

*Michelle Mullins *( She/Her/Hers )
HR Consultant– Talent Acquisition / Recruiter
[image: cid:image003.png at 01D7C675.98380380]253-566-5341 [image:
cid:image004.png at 01D7C675.98380380] mmullins at tacomacc.edu

[image: 46C1CE40]