[Libs-Or] Call for 2023 OLA Conference Committee Volunteers

Liisa Sjoblom liisas at dpls.lib.or.us
Tue May 3 10:59:27 PDT 2022

Yes, it's true. In 2023, we will all gather again in Bend, Oregon April 19-22 for our first in-person conference since 2019 (there will be a virtual component). To get there takes a lot of work from some great volunteers. You can be one of those volunteers!

If you are interested in getting actively involved in the biggest "party" planning activity OLA does, then this is the committee for you! Some of the team from the cancelled 2020 conference are returning, but several others are busy with other activities or have moved on in the library-world. Here are the current open positions:

*         Program Chair (or co-Chair) - note that the person in this position traditionally moves on to act as Conference Chair the following year. The 2024 conference will be in Salem.

*         Local Arrangements - ideally this person will be from Central Oregon.

*         Technology Coordinator

*         Onsite Registration

*         Exhibits - generally there are co-chairs for this area working closely with Fundraising

*         Fundraising/Sponsorships/Ads

*         Webmaster/Online Program

*         Speaker Arrangements an Hospitality

Most meetings will be done virtually, however the first meeting will be onsite at the Riverhouse in Bend sometime in mid-July. Please note that to serve on an OLA committee you need to be a current member of OLA.

If you are interested in volunteering or have any questions, please contact Liisa Sjoblom at liisas at deschuteslibrary.org<mailto:liisas at deschuteslibrary.org> or 541-617-7093.
Liisa Sjoblom
Community Librarian
Deschutes Public Library