[Libs-Or] Understanding Urban/Rural Divides program on 5/10/22

Robert Abbey roberta at wccls.org
Tue May 3 11:38:50 PDT 2022

Hi, all -

On Tuesday, May 10th, the Forest Grove City Library will host an online discussion with Nick Nash called "Understanding Urban/Rural Divides." This Oregon Humanities Conversation Project examines the nature of the urban/rural divide and how it affects the ways we relate to each other as Oregonians. It also explores the role this dive plays in our day-to-day lives, our experiences of being governed, and our perceptions of the COVID-19 pandemic. The discussion offers a chance to reflect on the beliefs we have about our urban or rural neighbors with a focus on setting aside stereotypes and misconceptions, investigating and learning about the real differences between the urban and rural, and trying to find common ground.

Registration for this free Zoom program is required. Please feel free to direct patrons or others in your communities who might be interested to sing up at the link below:

https://bit.ly/urbanruraldivides

Thanks for helping to get the word out!

Bob Abbey
Adult Services Librarian