[Libs-Or] Fwd: SJSU iSchool Online Event: "School Library Summit" - Tuesday, September 20th

Max Macias max.macias at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 10:44:13 PDT 2022

FYI

Max
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Library 2.0 <mail at library20.com>
Date: Thu, Sep 8, 2022 at 10:42 AM
Subject: SJSU iSchool Online Event: "School Library Summit" - Tuesday,
September 20th
To: max.macias at gmail.com <max.macias at gmail.com>

<https://ischool.sjsu.edu/webcasts/school-library-summit>

The School of Information at San José State University
<https://ischool.sjsu.edu> is the founding sponsor of the Library 2.0
<https://www.library20.com> conference series, a partnership we have had
for 12 years. Please consider attending their free upcoming symposium.
School Library Summit
SEPTEMBER 20, 2022 - 10:00AM - 12:00PM

The SJSU School of Information is pleased to present the School Library
Summit. This webcast is free to attend and will be recorded. *Register to
attend!  <https://sjsu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_pYnuko-uTTyS5EKI0kVGFg>*
Agenda

I. Welcome and Introductions (10:00 – 10:05 a.m. Pacific Time)

   - Anthony Chow, Director and Professor, SJSU School of
   Information; Co-Chair of ALISE DDC
   - Sanda Erdelez, Interim Dean and Professor, College of Organizational,
   Computational and Information Sciences, Simmons University; Co-Chair of
   ALISE DDC

II. Keynote Address (10:05 – 10:55 a.m. Pacific Time)

   - Keith Curry-Lance, Consultant and School Library Researcher
   - Kathy Lester, AASL President

III. Panel 1 (10:55 – 11:30 a.m. Pacific Time): What does an ideal school
library look like and how do we best prepare and educate school librarians
to create and run them?

   - Karen Gavigan, PhD
   - Jonathan Hunt, MLIS
   - Kathy Carroll, Past AASL President

IV. Panel 2 (11:30 – 11:55 a.m. Pacific Time): What specific action can be
taken to change the direction we are heading in for school libraries?

   - Debra Kachel
   - Sylvia Knight Norton, AASL Executive Director
   - Patty Wong, ALA Past President
   - Lessa Pelayo-Lozada, ALA President
   - Keith Curry-Lance

V. Concluding Remarks (11:55 a.m. – Noon Pacific Time) – Drs. Anthony Chow
and Sanda Erdelez

The webcast will be recorded for future on-demand viewing.

Individuals requiring real-time captioning/closed captions or other
accommodations should contact Sue Alman
<http://slisapps.sjsu.edu/email/email.php?fname=Sue&lname=Alman> as soon as
possible.

<https://ischool.sjsu.edu>

Visit Library 2.0 at: https://www.library20.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network

To control which emails you receive on Library 2.0, click here
<https://www.library20.com/main/profilesettings/email?xg_source=msg_mes_network>

--
-
Max Macias [image: A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in

Social media is mind control.

The ideas expressed in these emails in no way represent any organization's
viewpoints, or opinions.  The opinions, ideas and reflections are my own
personal intellectual property.

Publishing

Lowrider Librarian <http://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/>
Librarians With Spines  <https://www.librarianswithspines.com/>