[Libs-Or] Banned Books Week / Let Freedom Read Week Plans - show & tell

Intellectual Freedom Committee ifc.chair at olaweb.org
Tue Aug 15 07:21:14 PDT 2023

Hi all,

Banned Books Week (this year's theme is "Let Freedom Read
<https://www.ala.org/news/member-news/2023/05/ala-announces-theme-banned-books-week-october-1-7-2023#:~:text=CHICAGO%20%E2%80%93%20The%20American%20Library%20Association,October%201%20%E2%80%93%207%2C%202023.>
")  is coming up, October 1-7 and the Intellectual Freedom Committee is
excited to hear about all your amazing plans to celebrate!  If you have
plans for a fun program, display, or event, please send any pictures, links
or info to the IFC!

Last year, we asked for the same and were able to collect a ton of awesome
and inspiring  stories from all around the State and showcased those
in our October
Tuesday Topics
<chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.olaweb.org/assets/IntellectualFreedom/IF_Resources/Tuesday%20Topic%20October%202022%20-%20Banned%20Books%20Recap.pdf>.
We'd love to make a tradition out of this and once again celebrate you all
and what you are doing  to help inform about intellectual freedom and
support rights to read.

If you are doing something special to celebrate, we’d love to hear and see
it.  You can send those details to the committee at ifc.members at olaweb.org or
directly to me at ifc.chair at olaweb.org

Thanks all! And I can’t wait to see and hear your stories!

Emily

OIFC Chair