[Libs-Or] New Hillsboro Public Library Director

Karen Muller Karen.Muller at hillsboro-oregon.gov
Fri Dec 1 10:37:17 PST 2023

Hello everyone,

We are very excited to announce Hillsboro Public Library's new Director, Tammy Wallin!  Please see the announcement below from Hillsboro City Manager, Robby Hammond.

Robby's Announcement

[Tammy Wallin, incoming Hillsboro Public Library Director]I am pleased to announce that Tammy Wallin has accepted the City of Hillsboro's Library Director position.

Tammy comes to us with a robust background, having served at the Hennepin County Library in Minneapolis, Minnesota, since 2011. Her journey there began as the Circulation Services Technology Manager before transitioning to the role of library services manager in 2015. Before her library career, Tammy was the Humane Education Manager for the Animal Humane Society, a Consultant for NOJ, Inc. and the Family Village Community Center, and an Education Manager for The Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra. Tammy has a Bachelor of Arts in Music Business.

Tammy shared this message, "I am so excited to join the City of Hillsboro and Hillsboro Public Library. This unique community clearly values their library system and its critical role as a hub for connection, learning, and inspiration. I look forward to building relationships with staff and residents and am eager to continue HPL's efforts to be a place that is truly para todos - for everyone."

Tammy's diverse experience demonstrates a strong foundation in library services, management, and community engagement, making her an ideal fit for the Library Director position and the City of Hillsboro. We eagerly anticipate Tammy's arrival and the positive impact she will undoubtedly make in Hillsboro.
Tammy's first day with the City will be January 8, 2024.

Tammy's email will be Tammy.Wallin at Hillsboro-Oregon.gov<mailto:Tammy.Wallin at Hillsboro-Oregon.gov> as of her start date. We know you will all join us in welcoming her to Oregon!

Regards,
Hillsboro Public Library Leadership Team

Karen Muller, MLS | she/her<https://pronouns.org/> | Library Manager, Connect: Customer Experience & Operations
City of Hillsboro | Hillsboro Public Library
503-615-2480 (office) | 971-412-9569 (cell)
Hillsboro-Oregon.gov<http://hillsboro-oregon.gov/> | Engage with Us<https://engage.hillsboro-oregon.gov/> | Social Media<https://www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/our-city/news-announcements/social-media-feeds-videos>
A member of Washington County Cooperative Library Services | WCCLS<http://www.wccls.org/>