[Libs-Or] TS Resources - beyond cataloging

Emily O'Neal emilyo at dpls.lib.or.us
Wed Dec 13 10:22:09 PST 2023

Hi Library Community,

For this year with Technical Services Round Table,  of our main focuses is to expand out our TSRT resources page (https://www.olaweb.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=321) to include the full-breadth of what Technical Services is, rather than the majority of resources  which currently are cataloging focused.  Yes, of course cataloging is still important to us, but we also want to re-up on all the other wonderful things Technical Services does for libraries.

These areas include (not limited to):

  *   Collection Development and Management including:
     *   Policies
     *   Weeding
     *   Selection Tools
  *   Acquisitions
  *   Processing
  *   E-Resource Management
  *   Digitization
  *   Serials management
  *   Alternative Classification Systems
  *   Work flow efficiencies
  *   And sooo much more!

This is where you all come in!  We would love to hear from you all, if you have resources that have helped you learn/grow/or otherwise find useful in these areas, we'd love to possibly add them to our resources page.

Please feel free to send me your links and info and we'll re-develop this page throughout this OLA FY.

Secondarily to this, the TSRT wants to remind everyone we are more than a cataloging group!  Again, we love our catalogers and yes, there are times we'll go down the road of acronyms and metadata jargon, but that isn't all we are!  If you are looking for a network of folks that talk about any of the above subjects and celebrate all that Technical Services is about, we are here for that!  Especially our support staff!  Please consider being a part of the TSRT as you look to develop your professional networks.

Thanks again for all your help and for passing along your links and goodies!
Best,
Emily - TSRT Chair

Emily O'Neal, M.L.S.
Technical Services Manager