[Libs-Or] Booktalkers sought - OLA Conference

OLA Conference Programs olaprograms at olaweb.org
Thu Jan 12 09:49:12 PST 2023

We are looking for more LGBTQ+-identifying booktalkers to be a part of a
session at the 2023 Oregon Library Association’s Annual Conference! Can you
help?

The session: Queer Lit for All Ages

The concept: 75-minutes of high energy booktalks highlighting excellent,
current books for children, teens, and adults that include diverse LGBTQ+
representation.

Who should be interested? LGBTQ+-identifying library staff willing to book
talk between 7-10 titles (the final number depends on how many booktalkers
we find) and who will be at the OLA Annual Conference in Bend on Thursday,
April 20.

How much book talking are we talking about? That will be decided by the
team, once we have found all our excellent book talkers! We’re thinking
panelists might share about 6-8 books each!

Interested? Have questions? Please reach out to OLA Program Chair Sonja
Somerville at olaprograms at olaweb.org

Thanks for considering!
SONJA SOMERVILLE, OLA 2023 Conference Committee Program Chair