[Libs-Or] Career opportunity: WCCLS is hiring a Community Relations Manager

Lisa Tattersall LisaT at wccls.org
Mon Jun 12 10:28:06 PDT 2023

Hello all,

I’m pleased to share an exciting career opportunity with Washington County Cooperative Library Services. After a departmental assessment and reorganization, we are hiring our first-ever Community Relations Manager<https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cowashingtonor/jobs/4069751/community-relations-manager>. This key leadership position will be responsible for connecting WCCLS with our community - this work will include fostering relationships with culturally specific organizations, service providers, and other community-based organizations and leading collaborative work with our library partners to define and deliver on shared equity goals. A key part of our cooperative is the relationships between WCCLS and our partner libraries. The Community Relations Manager will play an important role in developing processes that support collaboration with our libraries.

Our ideal candidate is passionate about the vital and ever-evolving role public libraries play in our communities and is inspired by WCCLS' vision to create a curious, engaged, and literate community where everyone is welcome and thrives. They have the drive to lead the creation of new systems of work in an organization, the emotional intelligence to thoughtfully lead change, and the patience to continue to make incremental progress on long-term goals. They create systems and processes to involve community stakeholders, realize equity goals, and create more equitable and inclusive outcomes. They are a clear and diplomatic communicator. We are looking for someone who is experienced leading and administering in a public library or nonprofit context, with demonstrated results of more equitable outcomes, and has experience building relationships and developing services with historically marginalized communities.

While our office is in Hillsboro, this position is hybrid and allows for remote work flexibility for people living within commuting distance. WCCLS is a department of Washington County, and we are proud to help advance the One Washington County vision, which embodies the County’s goal to unify our team, collaborating in new ways to build a leading-edge organization to support the future of our county.

Learn more about the position and apply online<https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cowashingtonor/jobs/4069751/community-relations-manager>! The posting closes July 4. We plan to hold first round interviews via Zoom on July 27 and 28, with in person second round interviews currently scheduled for August 3 and 4. If you have questions about the position or working at WCCLS, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.

Thanks,
Lisa

Lisa Tattersall (she/her)
Manager, Washington County Cooperative Library Services
lisat at wccls.org<mailto:lisat at wccls.org>
Mobile: 503-388-0077