[Libs-Or] 2023 Northwest ILL Conference Registration is Now Open!

Summer Steele steeles at ohsu.edu
Wed Jun 28 17:25:50 PDT 2023

We are pleased to announce that registration is open for the 22nd Annual Northwest Interlibrary Loan and Resource Sharing Conference<http://nwill.org>. The NWILL conference will once again be held virtually, September 20-22, 2023.

Our 2023 Keynote Speaker is Shannon Pritting, Director of Library Services, Open, and Digital Learning Assets at Empire State University. The Keynote topic is Boundaries, Nostalgia, and Collaboration: Resource Sharing as a Framework.

Additionally, the conference will include a workshop on Moving Beyond CONTU Guidelines: How to Incorporate Fair Use Into Inter-Library Loan Practices by Sara R. Benson, Copyright Librarian and Associate Professor at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

The 2023 program can be previewed at the bottom of our website<https://nwill.org/>, and will include presentations by your ILL colleagues discussing topics such as accessibility in ILL, student employee hiring and training, ILL & Special Collections, eBook lending and Controlled Digital Lending (CDL).

This year's conference will take place on the Whova event app. You can register with an existing Whova account, or create a new account.

Register at https://whova.com/portal/registration/nilar_202309/.

2023 Virtual Conference Fees
$50 - Standard Registration

$25 - Student / Self-pay Registration

$150 - Groups of up to six attendees from one institution

Scholarships
There are twenty scholarships available to cover the cost of registration for the 2023 NWILL Conference. The NWILL Conference Committee is awarding fifteen scholarships to cover the registration fee for ILL practitioners who would have difficulty participating otherwise. In addition, Amigos will sponsor the registration cost for up to five conference attendees working at Amigos member libraries. Details are available on the online application form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScFsEAQFxlPI4NfMiRgwj7SrVKkLCHgg7YCvZE-QaV1xUvzTw/viewform>. To be considered for a scholarship apply no later than Monday, July 24!

Have questions? Get in touch with the planning committee by email to nwillconf at gmail.com<mailto:nwillconf at gmail.com>.

Feel free to share our registration announcement with colleagues or other listservs!