[Libs-Or] Join the Internet Archive's Community History Web Archiving Program!

Liz Paulus LizP at wccls.org
Tue Mar 21 19:46:47 PDT 2023

Hello to colleagues across the state,

I'd like to add my voice here to recommend this program to any public library that is considering applying for Community Webs.

 Cedar Mill & Bethany Community Libraries<https://archive-it.org/home/cedarmillbethanylibraries>, located in suburban Portland, are a current participant in this Internet Archive-based program. Since 2021, staff have learned about web archiving using Archive-It through training, peer support, and hands-on work. Our project scope is focused on our very local news and land use planning in our neighborhood<https://archive-it.org/home/cedarmillbethanylibraries>, but the program supports all sorts of projects. You can start small, or dream big 🙂

It would be great to see more Oregon institutions involved in this effort. It’s open to not just public libraries, but many small and large cultural institutions. Browse the list of groups<https://communitywebs.archive-it.org/participants/> and their collections<https://communitywebs.archive-it.org/collections/> to see what’s been happening around the country.

If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at the points noted below. Application window closes March 31st. Best wishes!

Liz Paulus
Web Services Librarian / Adult Services
Community Webs / Internet Archive Project Lead 2021-2024
pronouns: she/her/they
lizp at wccls.org
[Cedar Mill & Bethany Community Libraries]
1080 NW Saltzman Road
Portland, OR 97229
(503) 644-0043 x131

library.cedarmill.org<https://library.cedarmill.org/>