[Libs-Or] Join the Internet Archive's Community History Web Archiving Program!

Catherine Falls catherine at archive.org
Tue Mar 28 10:21:03 PDT 2023

Good morning folks,

A final friendly reminder that the deadline for Community Webs, the Internet Archive’s Community History Web Archiving Program, is this Friday, March 31st. Join over 100 US libraries collecting local history content from the web using Archive-It!

I would also like to make a correction to my previous post! Oregon is currently represented in the program by Liz Paulus and the Cedar Mill & Bethany Community Libraries, who have done fantastic community collecting work as members of Community Webs and have been actively engaged contributors to the program. Apologies to Liz and her team for this omission, which was due to a copy-and-paste error on my part.

 Please reach out to commwebsinfo at archive.org <mailto:commwebsinfo at archive.org> if you have any questions!

All the best,

Catherine

Catherine Falls (she/her)
Program Officer, Community Programs
Internet Archive | catherine at archive.org
https://communitywebs.archive-it.org/

The lands on which the Internet Archive’s headquarters sits are the unceded ancestral territory of the Ramaytush Ohlone, who are the original inhabitants of the San Francisco Peninsula. I am grateful to have the opportunity to live and work remotely on the unceded ancestral homeland of the Tongva Peoples, also known as Tovaangar or the Los Angeles Basin.