[Libs-Or] Shared Adult Program?

Lia Adamson ladamson at klamathlibrary.org
Tue Mar 28 09:42:25 PDT 2023

Hello!

I'm curious if any other libraries would be interested in partnering with The Klamath County Library to share the cost of this online (Zoom) program. The online program means that your library could be located anywhere in Oregon. It sounds like it could be a very interesting program!

We were contacted by a person named Shannon Hunnycutt, owner of Spark Joy Charlotte. The program is a decluttering guide based on Marie Kondo's KonMari method. She has an option of partnering with up to 6 libraries to share the program/cost which equates to $84/each..

Here is a link to the website: https://sparkjoycharlotte.com/library/

Here is more info on the program:

The 90-minute Live Spark Joy Program: (Conducted through my Zoom from my studio.)

* A 60- minute presentation in which participants will learn the philosophy behind the KonMari Method and discover what it means to live a life that Sparks Joy. We will dive into the guiding principles needed to tidy once and for all! Attendees will leave feeling energized and motivated to Spark Joy in their space and create the home and life they've always dreamed of.

* A folding demonstration in which attendees will practice the famous KonMari vertical folding technique. Attendees will be asked to have a t-shirt and a pair of pants with them during the presentation.

* Attendees will receive a Spark Joy Charlotte tidying checklist that breaks apart the KonMari categories, making it easier to apply the method in their homes. I reference this checklist many times as I teach the attendees the given categories and provide helpful tips for executing the Joy check. (Plus a few of my favorite storage solutions!)

* I will have a giveaway. One attendee will win a virtual Jumpstart guide to help them get started on their journey.

* At the end of the presentation, I will have a Q and A for any attendees who wish to stay on and ask additional questions.

* Fee: $500 (up to 90 attendees) If you host at the library, that only counts as 1 Zoom attendee (no limit on number of patrons who show up).
- You can have up to 6 libraries. (6 partners = $84 each)

- One custom flyer will be provided for the main contact library and flyer assets will be included for all partner libraries.

Best,

Lia Adamson (she/her)
Library Assistant- Adult Services
Klamath County Library Service District