[Libs-Or] ILAGO 17th Annual IL Summit: Registration now open!! May 23&25

ILAGO Chair ilago.chair at gmail.com
Mon May 8 11:56:27 PDT 2023

Registration is now open for the 17th annual Information Literacy Summit
taking place virtually during the last week of May.  We are pleased to
offer two no-cost opportunities to participate.  Please note, you must
register for each session separately.  This year’s Summit is generously
co-sponsored by ACRL-OR <https://acrloregon.org/>.  Many thanks to this
group for your partnership and financial contribution.

Session 1: Tuesday, May 23rd @ 1pm PT

We welcome guest speaker Sam Wineburg from Stanford University’s Civic
Online Reasoning <https://cor.stanford.edu/>.  The COR provides lessons and
assessments that help students evaluate online information that affects
them, their communities, and the world.

Zoom registration link:
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUrc--hrD8sGtVlFmkut8rJUiRNlkGYXAjI

Session 2: Thursday, May 25th @ 10:30am PT

We welcome our librarian colleagues to share information literacy focused
mini-presentations.

   -

   Guided Psychedelic Services -  Commonalities with Academic Reference and
   Instruction Interactions by Michele Burke
   -

   Taking Up Space: How to Transform a Library Internship into an Authentic
   Learning Experience by Ann Matsushima Chiu
   -

   Affective Instruction Post-Pandemic by Joan Petit
   -

   Authority is Constructed and Contextual -- Thoughts on a Generative
   Approach to Authority by Kate Wimer

Zoom registration link:
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUuf-uvpzooHNFQhIoxtzRdlIO440p4OCdk

Please send all questions to ilago.chair at gmail.com

--

Information Literacy Advisory Group of Oregon
https://ilago.wordpress.com/