[Libs-Or] I'm presenting a Niche Academy webinar on policy writing

Adrienne Doman Calkins DomanCalkinsA at SherwoodOregon.gov
Wed Oct 4 11:53:46 PDT 2023

Hello colleagues, I'm sharing my shameless plug / self-advocacy with you (and feeling a little bashful while doing so). I'll be presenting a webinar coming up on 12/6, 11am, for Niche Academy called Policy Writing and Implementation with an Equity Lens.

The description was just posted this week:

Using a recent Behavior Policy revision process as an example, as well as current Collection Development policy work, Adrienne Doman Calkins will share ways to approach policy writing as a process rather than a product.

Join us to learn about the processes and pitfalls in library policy writing and implementation. Get tips for using an equity lens, applying trauma-informed concepts, researching, the writing process, building feedback loops, and a holistic approach to implementation.

If you're interested but not able to attend the live webinar, go ahead and register. We'll send a recording to all registrants after the fact.

https://www.nicheacademy.com/policy-writing-and-implementation-with-an-equity-lens

I'd love to see Oregon library folks attend if this is interesting to you, and please share with others you think may be interested.

And a big thank you to OLA Quarterly Journal for the opportunity to write an article that led to me being asked to present this webinar.

All the best,

Adrienne Doman Calkins (she/her/hers)
Library Manager, Sherwood Public Library
22560 SW Pine Street, Sherwood, OR 97140
503-625-4272  |  domancalkinsa at sherwoodoregon.gov<mailto:domancalkinsa at sherwoodoregon.gov>
www.sherwoodoregon.gov/library<http://www.sherwoodoregon.gov/library>  |  Monthly e-newsletter<https://www.libraryaware.com/1690/Subscribers/Subscribe?showonlynewsletterlists=true>
A member library of Washington County Cooperative Library Services

This email may contain confidential information or privileged material and is intended for use solely by the above referenced recipient. Any review, copying, printing, disclosure, distribution, or other use by any other person or entity is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you are not the named recipient, or believe you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the City of Sherwood at (503) 625-5522 and delete the copy you received.