[Libs-Or] Congratulations to the I Partner With My Public Library Award winner!

CORNELISEN Wendy * SLO Wendy.CORNELISEN at slo.oregon.gov
Mon Oct 23 17:39:56 PDT 2023

Community collaborations are crucial to the success of so many library projects, and there's a new national award to help celebrate these partnerships. The inaugural I Partner With My Public Library Award online ceremony presented by Let's Move in Libraries is scheduled for Friday, Nov. 3 at 3 pm<https://letsmovelibraries.org/partner-award/>. This will be a great opportunity to be inspired by the 10 special, impactful public library programs and partnerships designed to promote community health being recognized with this award this year.

The award winners include the Child Care Resource and Referral of Washington County (CCR&R), which was nominated by the libraries they partnered with. Thank you to:

  *   Cedar Mill Community Libraries Early Childhood Outreach Librarian Julie Handyside
  *   Katie Anderson, Collections and Resource Librarian in the Washington County Cooperative Library Services (WCCLS) and
  *   Jennifer Wolf, Children's Librarian at the Beaverton City Library

By taking the time and effort to recognize this partnership, you've highlighted this amazing work. The partnership coordinates efforts across multiple agencies and connects the dots on some big challenges that face Oregon. Thank you for demonstrating the value that libraries bring to these weighty issues.

>From the award announcement:

Child Care Resource and Referral of Washington County (CCR&R) has developed strong partnerships with all three libraries in its service area, including Cedar Mill Community Libraries, Beaverton City Library and Washington County Cooperative Library Services. These strong partnerships, according to Handyside "remove access barriers to child care provider trainings, provide successful grant support, and leadership support with a child care provider mental health summit."

Learn more about the "2023 Washington County Early Childhood Mental Health Summit<https://www.unitedway-pdx.org/stories/enhancing-early-childhood-mental-health-insights-2023-washington-county-mental-health>," in which attendees were able to network with other educators and learn more about resources offered by our partner agencies, public libraries, LifeWorks NW, Trauma Informed Oregon, Child Care Substitute of Oregon, Dougy Center and others.

Anderson noted that "CCR&R is an essential partner for WCCLS and member libraries. They are able to identify what trainings are most needed and promote them directly to child care providers. CCR&R has a relationship with the Oregon Center for Career Development, the statewide professional development system for child care provider, so they are able to streamline tracking continuing education credit for participating providers so they don't have to do it themselves. Without CCR&R we may not meet providers needs as effectively, and would not get the level of participation in the training series."

Wolf added that "Beaverton City Library has been providing free trainings for early childhood educators since 2015. Through the years we've developed a growing partnership with CCR&R of Washington County, and our services to child care providers have flourished because of it! CCR&R provides wrap around services, starting with advertising library trainings directly to providers via their newsletters, social media, and in one-on-one conversations directly with the providers who need these trainings the most, and ending with processing and entering the community education credits into the state database for providers, many of whom lack the time, technology, or expertise to scan, upload, and submit the certificates themselves. Our partners at CCR&R are instrumental in helping library staff understand the needs and barriers that many childcare providers have in accessing library resources and bringing ideas of how to make it easy to use the library. Likewise, they have educated themselves on current library services like computer classes, technology help offerings, library of things, to tell providers in the area what the library has for them. Early childhood educators, the children and families they serve, and the library all win because of CCR&R's partnership with our libraries!"

Registration is open of the online awards ceremony, to be held on Friday, November 3rd at Noon Pacific. To register and for more information on the award, include the full narrative on Child Care Resource and Referral of Washington County, please visit: https://letsmovelibraries.org/partner-award/.

Thanks,

Wendy

Wendy Cornelisen (she, her, hers)
State Librarian
State Library of Oregon
wendy.cornelisen at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:wendy.cornelisen at slo.oregon.gov>
Office: 503-378-4367| Mobile 971-375-3992
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
[Title: State Library of Oregon]