[Libs-Or] How to protect your library --advice from Ask a Manager

CORNELISEN Wendy * SLO Wendy.CORNELISEN at slo.oregon.gov
Thu Oct 26 10:50:32 PDT 2023

My love of advice columns and for libraries collided with the release of this article from Ask A Manager<https://www.askamanager.org/2023/10/this-is-how-you-can-protect-your-local-library.html>.

It's often the case in advocacy work that the voice of the person who doesn't work at the library will carry ten times the weight of the person who does. We need advocates and defenders from all walks of life, all age groups and backgrounds, to help make the case for libraries.

Thank you for building relationships with your community, for finding the library lovers and making sure they know all the different ways they can help support libraries.

Thanks,

Wendy

Wendy Cornelisen (she, her, hers)
State Librarian
State Library of Oregon
wendy.cornelisen at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:wendy.cornelisen at slo.oregon.gov>
Office: 503-378-4367| Mobile 971-375-3992
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
[Title: State Library of Oregon]