[Libs-Or] Addressing Body Shape and Size Stigma in Libraries - Free Infopeople Webinar

Califa Group califa at califa.org
Wed Apr 3 11:02:31 PDT 2024

Learn strategies to combat body shape and size stigma
View in browser<https://jylpyg.clicks.mlsend.com/tb/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjQ3ODk1OCxcImxcIjoxMTc2MTIwODU5MTE3NTAzNzYsXCJyXCI6MTE3NjEyMDk1MDM3NTA2OTE3fSIsInMiOiI2YjdjODRkNGQxMTNlZjgyIn0>

[Addressing Body Shape and Size Stigma in Libraries, an Infopeople webinar. May 15, 2024. Presenters: Lorelei Rutledge, Erika E. Church, & Annie Tillmann]<https://jylpyg.clicks.mlsend.com/tb/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjQ3ODk1OCxcImxcIjoxMTc2MTIwODU5MjAxMzg5ODUsXCJyXCI6MTE3NjEyMDk1MDM3NTA2OTE3fSIsInMiOiI4Yjk0NzFjYmNkNTI2YTJhIn0>
Addressing Body Shape and Size Stigma in Libraries: Getting Started<https://jylpyg.clicks.mlsend.com/tb/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjQ3ODk1OCxcImxcIjoxMTc2MTIwODU5Mjk1NzYxNzIsXCJyXCI6MTE3NjEyMDk1MDM3NTA2OTE3fSIsInMiOiI0MDdjN2VjYmEyZjlhMjFiIn0>

As library workers, we recognize the significance of creating environments that embrace diversity and prioritize the well-being of all patrons and staff. In this webinar we will be starting the conversation around how body shape and size stigma affect our society. We will be focusing on libraries, and how we can create services, spaces, and workplaces that better support people of diverse body shapes and sizes. We will describe the significance of weight stigma, its historical context, and its intersection with other identities, offering insights into the barriers it creates. Together we will discuss individual and organizational strategies to combat body shape and size stigma and support all library users and workers.

At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:

  *   Think more broadly about the ALA Code of Ethics in addressing body shape and size stigma
  *   Explain what weight or body shape and size stigma is in order to recognize how it manifests in the world and in libraries and how it intersects with other marginalized identities.
  *   Start conversations about how weight or body shape and size discrimination affects library users in order to help libraries better meet the needs of these users.
  *   Articulate where to get additional information about weight or body shape and size stigma in order to continue learning about this topic.

[Learn More  - Description: Rectangle: Rounded Corners: Learn More]

May 15, 2024

  *   Eastern Time: 3:00-4:00 p.m.
  *   Central Time: 2:00-3:00 p.m.
  *   Mountain Time: 1:00-2:00 p.m.
  *   Pacific Time: 12:00-1:00 p.m.

Presenters: Lorelei Rutledge<https://jylpyg.clicks.mlsend.com/tb/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjQ3ODk1OCxcImxcIjoxMTc2MTIwODU5NDYzNTMzOTMsXCJyXCI6MTE3NjEyMDk1MDM3NTA2OTE3fSIsInMiOiI0MjE5NjllZWY3MjNiN2JlIn0>, Erika E. Church<https://jylpyg.clicks.mlsend.com/tb/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjQ3ODk1OCxcImxcIjoxMTc2MTIwODU5NTQ3NDIwMDMsXCJyXCI6MTE3NjEyMDk1MDM3NTA2OTE3fSIsInMiOiI3NzQ0YzkyNDI0YWZkZjJjIn0>, & Annie Tillmann<https://jylpyg.clicks.mlsend.com/tb/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjQ3ODk1OCxcImxcIjoxMTc2MTIwODU5NjUyMjc3NjUsXCJyXCI6MTE3NjEyMDk1MDM3NTA2OTE3fSIsInMiOiJkYTFmODY1OWMyZDVhY2YxIn0>

Fee: $0, Free to everyone!

Learn More and Register Today<https://jylpyg.clicks.mlsend.com/tb/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjQ3ODk1OCxcImxcIjoxMTc2MTIwODU5NzM2MTYzNzUsXCJyXCI6MTE3NjEyMDk1MDM3NTA2OTE3fSIsInMiOiJkZmE0OWY0ZDBlMDU1NTgxIn0>

Upcoming Courses

[Technology in Libraries]<https://jylpyg.clicks.mlsend.com/tb/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjQ3ODk1OCxcImxcIjoxMTc2MTIwODU5ODA5NTY0MDksXCJyXCI6MTE3NjEyMDk1MDM3NTA2OTE3fSIsInMiOiIzODg4YWIyZjAzODRlNDAzIn0>

Technology in Libraries<https://jylpyg.clicks.mlsend.com/tb/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjQ3ODk1OCxcImxcIjoxMTc2MTIwODU5OTAzOTM1OTcsXCJyXCI6MTE3NjEyMDk1MDM3NTA2OTE3fSIsInMiOiI2YzJjNWEzYTEwOWMzMGFlIn0>
[Basic Spanish for Library Staff]<https://jylpyg.clicks.mlsend.com/tb/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjQ3ODk1OCxcImxcIjoxMTc2MTIwODU5OTk4MzA3ODIsXCJyXCI6MTE3NjEyMDk1MDM3NTA2OTE3fSIsInMiOiIzZmQ0NWFjYzA1M2QxZGJjIn0>

Basic Spanish for Library Staff<https://jylpyg.clicks.mlsend.com/tb/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjQ3ODk1OCxcImxcIjoxMTc2MTIwODYwMDkyNjc5NjcsXCJyXCI6MTE3NjEyMDk1MDM3NTA2OTE3fSIsInMiOiI0MGQ5ZWZiYTViMTczZWI1In0>
[All Work Is Team Work]<https://jylpyg.clicks.mlsend.com/tb/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjQ3ODk1OCxcImxcIjoxMTc2MTIwODYwMTg3MDUxNTMsXCJyXCI6MTE3NjEyMDk1MDM3NTA2OTE3fSIsInMiOiI3ZDViOWUxY2NiN2MyODI4In0>

All Work Is Team Work<https://jylpyg.clicks.mlsend.com/tb/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjQ3ODk1OCxcImxcIjoxMTc2MTIwODYwMjcwOTM3NjIsXCJyXCI6MTE3NjEyMDk1MDM3NTA2OTE3fSIsInMiOiJiYjhhYjdjNGVjYzc3NGUyIn0>

Courses At Your Own Pace

[A person relaxing at home on their laptop with a soft drink next to them above the words]<https://jylpyg.clicks.mlsend.com/tb/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjQ3ODk1OCxcImxcIjoxMTc2MTIwODYwMzU0ODIzNzEsXCJyXCI6MTE3NjEyMDk1MDM3NTA2OTE3fSIsInMiOiIwN2QyZTJjMjU1OGQzOWMyIn0>

Infopeople On-Demand<https://jylpyg.clicks.mlsend.com/tb/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjQ3ODk1OCxcImxcIjoxMTc2MTIwODYwNDM4NzA5ODAsXCJyXCI6MTE3NjEyMDk1MDM3NTA2OTE3fSIsInMiOiJjZWFmYTc5MmJkZWM3YWVkIn0> means learning whenever, wherever. Jump into a topic and move at your own pace. Courses are always there when you need them.

No rushing. No deadlines. Just you and the learning.
[Find Your Next Course  - Description: Rectangle: Rounded Corners: Find Your Next Course]

Normalizing Discussions of Race with Children<https://jylpyg.clicks.mlsend.com/tb/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjQ3ODk1OCxcImxcIjoxMTc2MTIwODYwNjA2NDgyMDIsXCJyXCI6MTE3NjEyMDk1MDM3NTA2OTE3fSIsInMiOiIxOWYwNDgwMGRlMGMyNjcxIn0>

Become more confident discussing racial identity and racial injustices with children and caregivers in the library and incorporating anti-racist practices in your library services.
[Normalizing Discussions of Race with Children]<https://jylpyg.clicks.mlsend.com/tb/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjQ3ODk1OCxcImxcIjoxMTc2MTIwODYwNjkwMzY4MTEsXCJyXCI6MTE3NjEyMDk1MDM3NTA2OTE3fSIsInMiOiIzOGJlNTI3ZjdhZTEwNGRiIn0>

[Califa + Infopeople, helping libraries think differently.]<https://jylpyg.clicks.mlsend.com/tb/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjQ3ODk1OCxcImxcIjoxMTc2MTIwODYwNzg0NzM5OTYsXCJyXCI6MTE3NjEyMDk1MDM3NTA2OTE3fSIsInMiOiJlMTlhNjQ4MGE1YWUxMmQzIn0>

Califa Group
330 Townsend Street, Suite 133, San Francisco
United States of America
[twitter]<https://jylpyg.clicks.mlsend.com/tb/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjQ3ODk1OCxcImxcIjoxMTc2MTIwODYwODg5NTk3NTcsXCJyXCI6MTE3NjEyMDk1MDM3NTA2OTE3fSIsInMiOiI4ZjgzNjk5ZTY4MTlmNTcwIn0>
[mastodon]<https://jylpyg.clicks.mlsend.com/tb/c/eyJ2Ijoie1wiYVwiOjQ3ODk1OCxcImxcIjoxMTc2MTIwODYwOTgzOTY5NDIsXCJyXCI6MTE3NjEyMDk1MDM3NTA2OTE3fSIsInMiOiIxMmE0YTRkNGYxOGY5YTdmIn0>