[Libs-Or] Language Learning for Staff Questions

Tess Misenti tess.misenti at tigard-or.gov
Wed Apr 10 15:19:58 PDT 2024

Our library is looking into offering language learning to interested staff members, and I am hoping to discover what has worked for you! Does your city/municipality/governing body offer classes for staff? Do you reimburse staff who find off-site language learning opportunities? I am wondering if any of you have come across a streamlined approach, where everyone who wants to learn a language must take a specific class or from a specific learning center. Is there a vetting process for the organization to approve a language learning request? And I'm also interested to know if any of your organizations offer a bilingual premium for staff who speak more than one language. And which languages are specified (does it depend on languages spoken by the community served). Please send me an email if you'd like to share: tess.misenti at tigard-or.gov
Thanks for your input!

Tess Misenti (she/her)
Interim Confidential Executive Assistant | Tigard Public Library
tess.misenti at tigard-or.gov<mailto:tess.misenti at tigard-or.gov> | 503-718-2745
You can find me at the library Tues-Sat

DISCLAIMER: E-mails sent or received by City of Tigard employees are subject to public record laws. If requested, e-mail may be disclosed to another party unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law. E-mails are retained by the City of Tigard in compliance with the Oregon Administrative Rules "City General Records Retention Schedule."