[Libs-Or] Sat 4/27 Misinformation PLUS New Workshop!

dcohen at hevanet.com dcohen at hevanet.com
Wed Apr 24 05:56:22 PDT 2024

Hi all,

There are a few spots left in my Misinformation and Propaganda - Telling
Truth from Fiction workshop on Sat at 3:00 [virtual].

Info and registration link here:
https://maderacounty.libcal.com/event/12266740

Also, I've just developed a hands-on workshop, currently only for Oregon
folks.

Voting - Who Makes Decisions For YOU?!! A Hands-On Workshop.

Before you vote - or register to vote - one must have an idea of how our
governing bodies are structured. This workshop covers all that is needed to
be informed about our key government bodies, and how to find out who one's
elected officials are for all levels of government. It then goes on to show
how to find out who is running in upcoming elections - for every level of
government! And, of course, we discuss voter registration.

This is a hands-on workshop where folks need to use their computers to look
up information to fill out two worksheets - about one's elected officials,
and about upcoming candidates for office [plus participants will begin or
check their voter registration]. The worksheets will then be handy reference
documents with important tailored election/governing information.

Donna

Donna L Cohen, MLIS, MEd

Portland, Oregon

503-737-1425

dcoheninfo at comcast.net <mailto:dcoheninfo at comcast.net>

Civics for Adults - and Others - Workshops: To Enhance Civic Knowledge and
Inspire Political Engagement

Webpage www.civicthinker.info <http://www.civicthinker.info/>

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Civics-for-Adults-1490728887922036/

"My philosophy is very simple. When you see something that is not fair, not
right, not just - stand up, say something, speak up!" Rep. John Lewis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6lzPpqc2WY