[Libs-Or] Nominations for ACRL OR Board positions, extended to May 6th

Castillo, Diana J Diana.Castillo at oregonstate.edu
Wed Apr 24 11:57:40 PDT 2024

ACRL-OR Board: Call for nominations

Interested in meeting other fantastic academic librarians and serving the academic library community in Oregon? Is there someone you know who would be a shining addition to the ACRL-OR Board? Here is an opportunity to get involved! The ACRL-OR Board is looking for candidates to run in our upcoming spring elections.  In particular, we are looking for candidates who work outside the Portland metro area.

The open positions are:

  *   1 Vice-President/President Elect (3 year term)
  *   2 Member-at-Large (2 year term)

View position descriptions and responsibilities<https://acrloregon.org/about-acrl-oregon/position-descriptions/> for more information.

How to nominate:

To nominate yourself, a colleague, or an employee, submit the online nomination form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfRGM1F0sU2XwP0bl1zbhAUeAbcALvDLeFQz2GQPDqt4l9qEQ/viewform>. We’ve extended the nomination period, and it will now close May 6, 2024.

Eligibility:

  *   Vice-President/President Elect must be members of OLA and ACRL-Oregon and ACRL national
  *   Member-at-Large candidates must be members of OLA and ACRL-Oregon

Scholarship Interest:
The board is considering ways to increase participation of BIPOC individuals as well as individuals for whom service is a financial barrier. Please indicate on the nomination form if you would need a scholarship to subsidize association memberships in order to participate.

Questions or Need Assistance with the Nomination Process?

Please contact Jane Nichols at jane.nichols at oregonstate.edu<mailto:jane.nichols at oregonstate.edu>.

________________________________

Thank you,

The ACRL-OR Nominating Committee

Jane Nichols, Vice President – President Elect
Melissa Anderson
Diana J. Castillo
Tamara Ottum

[Image]