[Libs-Or] ILAGO 18th Annual IL Summit: Registration now open!! May 22nd & 23rd

Pamela Kessinger pkessing at pcc.edu
Wed Apr 24 12:41:15 PDT 2024

Colleagues,

Registration is now open for the 18th annual Information Literacy Summit
taking place virtually during the last week of May.  We are pleased to
offer two no-cost opportunities to participate.

Please note, you must register for each day separately.

Session 1: Wednesday, May 22nd, 1pm PT

We welcome guest speaker Frederick Carey, History & Philosophy Librarian at
the University of Colorado Boulder, to share their research “Communicating
with Information: Creating Inclusive Learning Environments for Students
with ASD
<https://protect2.fireeye.com/v1/url?k=31323334-501d2dca-3132feb7-454455534531-661cc12be048d216&q=1&e=8316a644-5480-4a53-a799-c21671d5f693&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.inthelibrarywiththeleadpipe.org%2F2020%2Fcommunicating-with-information%2F>
”.

Registration link: https://forms.gle/SYhcVHfZBthJzcJo9
<https://protect2.fireeye.com/v1/url?k=31323334-501d2dca-3132feb7-454455534531-b8b22f3d1f2e2889&q=1&e=8316a644-5480-4a53-a799-c21671d5f693&u=https%3A%2F%2Fforms.gle%2FSYhcVHfZBthJzcJo9>

Sessions 2 & 3: Thursday May, 23rd

Session 2: Thursday, May 23rd, 1-2 pm PT

We welcome our librarian colleagues to share information literacy focused
mini-presentations.

   -

   Strategic Database Instruction for K12 Teacher Librarians - Jennifer
   McKenzie, Siuslaw School District 9
   -

   Bursting Misinformation Bubbles and Getting Real: Why Moving Beyond
   Traditional Info Lit Instruction Deepens Connections and Conversations with
   Student and Faculty - Ann Matsuchima Chiu and Carly Lamphere, Reed College
   -

   Accessibility is Critical to Information Literacy- Jennifer Sturge,
   Antioch University

Session 3: Thursday, May 23rd, 2-3 pm PT

Sharing IL updates around the state. Hear from others around the state and
bring information from your institution to share. Topics  include:

   -

   Corequisite requirements and learning support
   -

   Dual credit & IL instruction
   -

   General Education or foundational IL outcomes
   -

   Bring your own IL topic – what’s at issue for your institution?

Registration link:  https://forms.gle/SJvdB95HH6TQJWS29
<https://protect2.fireeye.com/v1/url?k=31323334-501d2dca-3132feb7-454455534531-5c41451afc6823c9&q=1&e=8316a644-5480-4a53-a799-c21671d5f693&u=https%3A%2F%2Fforms.gle%2FSJvdB95HH6TQJWS29>

Please send all questions to ilago.chair at gmail.com
--

Information Literacy Advisory Group of Oregon
https://ilago.wordpress.com/

*Pam Kessinger*

*Library Faculty, Rock Creek campusPortland Community College*
http://www.pcc.edu/staff/pkessing

*Pronouns: she, her, hers*