[Libs-Or] State Library Testimony for SB1583

CORNELISEN Wendy * SLO Wendy.CORNELISEN at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Feb 9 16:56:41 PST 2024

As a state agency, the State Library must remain neutral on pending legislation. However, based on our experience working with libraries facing intellectual freedom issues and operating the Oregon Intellectual Freedom Clearinghouse, we have provided written testimony on SB 1583. We hope this informational testimony will help contextualize the materials challenge environment within Oregon.

I've cleared my calendar for next Tuesday afternoon and plan on attending the hearing.

Thanks,

Wendy

Wendy Cornelisen (she, her, hers)
State Librarian
State Library of Oregon
wendy.cornelisen at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:wendy.cornelisen at slo.oregon.gov>
Office: 503-378-4367| Mobile 971-375-3992
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
[Title: State Library of Oregon]