[Libs-Or] Codes of Conduct - A Discussion (OLA Conference Opportunity)

OLA Conference Programs olaprograms at olaweb.org
Tue Feb 13 16:18:53 PST 2024

Hi all,

We are building a fabulous session for the 2024 OLA Conference that is a
collaborative discussion/ share/Q&A/brainstorm about Patron Codes of
Conduct. We have our discussion facilitator/session organizer and the
beginning of our panel/share-ers, and we'd love to have more folks
join us. *We're
looking for public, school, academic, and special library representatives.*

*Session description:* Patron behavior policies/codes of conduct are key
pieces of infrastructure which impact all aspects of our work. They are
also part of systems which are often flawed, rooted in systemic racism and
inequity, and often neglected. During this facilitated conversation, we'll
explore ways we can create conduct policies which support both library
staff and library users and troubleshoot sticking points. Attendees are
invited to bring a copy of their library's current code of conduct for
reference.
*When:* Thursday 4/25 at 2:15 p.m. (75 minute session slot)

Thanks so much,

*Taylor Worley* (she/her)
*2024 OLA Conference Programs Chair*
olaprograms at olaweb.org
taylorlgkw at gmail.com & 541-731-7101

   - If I have not responded to your message in three days, please feel
   free to reach out again.
   - I typically check this email Tuesday through Saturday, between 10 a.m.
   and 6 p.m.
   - If any of this information is inaccessible to you, I can provide it in
   another way.