[Libs-Or] IFC Statement and Findings - Canby/Lolita

Intellectual Freedom Committee ifc.chair at olaweb.org
Tue Feb 27 12:34:23 PST 2024

Hello OLA community,
Today, the IFC and PDSAL published a Statement of the OIFC review and
findings regarding Canby School District's removal of *Lolita *and the
restriction of other library materials.  Each month the OIFC publishes a "
Tuesday Topic" but for this month, it seemed more important to highlight
this statement and findings.  Therefore, please see the linked statement:

https://www.olaweb.org/if-toolkit

I want to add that this statement is in part to support SB1583, which I can
share enthusiastically, as of just a moment ago, passed the Senate!  So, I
will once again be asking the library community to submit testimony to
support the bill in the House.  Please be on the ready for this call to
action - we need your support more than ever!

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the IFC!

Best,
Emily - IFC Chair

Chair - ifc.chair at olaweb.org
Intellectual Freedom Committee https://www.olaweb.org/if-home