[Libs-Or] SB1583 - Call to Action to your representatives

Intellectual Freedom Committee ifc.chair at olaweb.org
Mon Mar 4 15:23:44 PST 2024

Hi all,
If you are considering sending support for SB1583, I'm hearing the best
option including contacting your representatives directly.

Here is ACLU's action alert:
https://action.aclu.org/send-message/schedule-hearing-sb-1583a

I like that they are targeting the legislators that will actually make the
decisions on this bill: Fahey, Rayfield and Kropf.

You can look-up your Representatives directly by using the following
Legislator Look up tool:
https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/FindYourLegislator/leg-search.html .
Here is a sample letter shared on behalf of the ACLU:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oxE61P9sQa8TTzABRqNAN92NFyzKEGZvORiL_9OTp_U/edit

Thank you all for stepping up!  The joy of a short-session is that we are
almost there!
Emily

Chair - ifc.chair at olaweb.org
Intellectual Freedom Committee https://www.olaweb.org/if-home