[Libs-Or] Survey – Training Paraprofessionals for Reference (public libraries)

Mary Buelow MBuelow at Hedbergpubliclibrary.org
Tue Mar 5 14:39:56 PST 2024

Hello,

Would you be able to share the following notice with your members?  As someone familiar with Oregon libraries (I worked in the Portland area at Ft Vancouver for 20 years) I believe input from library workers in Oregon would be extremely valuable for our project.

Help us to help you!

The ALA-RUSA subcommittee User Services in Public Libraries is currently studying the reference responsibilities of paraprofessional (non-MLS) reference workers in public libraries.   We’ve put together a survey to help us learn how much reference work paraprofessionals do, training and support received, and if that support is sufficient for them to be successful.

Any and all participation in the survey is appreciated!  The survey is confidential, and typically takes about 10 minutes to complete.  We plan to share data with the profession through conference sessions and/or professional journals.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdF1cvvQU9hPwaEdnqjLry8aaxgHT4o682gP3R7BvGC6Gu7eQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Please share this information with people who did not receive this email.  If you have questions or feedback about the survey, you can contact me at   mbuelow at hedbergpubliclibrary.org<mailto:mbuelow at hedbergpubliclibrary.org>

Sincerely,

Mary Buelow, Public Services Librarian

Hedberg Public Library

316 S Main St

Janesville, WI  53545

(608) 758-5808

2022 – 2024 User Services in Public Libraries Committee Chair